FROM 18th June 2021
Although we are all unable to meet together in person as Church, the work of God continues in each one of us as we seek Him in each and every day.
- It is lovely to see more and more people returning to regular worship in Church.
- Sunday morning Services in June – Will be led by Carol Gough 20th June, Pat Hunter and Carol Sykes 27th June
- The services are streamed live at https://www.facebook.com/PLFMethodists with the same link each Sunday from 10.25am.
- Our streamed services can also be watched later at https://www.facebook.com/PLFMethodists in the “videos” tab.
- As a result Rev Will, is to suspend his regular weekly Facebook Reflections for the time being.
The Circuit Service of Dedication of the Easter Offerings
- The offerings will be donated to the Methodist Church World Mission Fund. Please come and support this service.
- It will be held at our Church on Sunday 27th June at 3pm.
- The theme of the service is “Into all the World” One of the aims of Methodist Women in Britain MWIB (formerly Network) is to connect women in Britain with women overseas, to raise awareness of, and act upon, issues of social justice around the world. MWIB takes responsibility for the Easter Offering, which provides badly needed support for the World Mission Fund.
- This fund supports projects and individuals around the world in particular Mission Partners and Partner Churches in the Caribbean, South and Central America, Africa, The Pacific, Asia and Europe. Read more about the WMF on https://www.methodist.org.uk/our-work/support-our-work/about-our-funds/world-mission-fund/
Coffee Plus Volunteers
- Our Coffee Shop re-opened on Monday 17th. May and has been open on all weekdays since.
- We have a loyal group of Volunteers and express our grateful thanks for their commitment and dedication. Without this, the Coffee Shop would be unable to offer the welcoming hospitality currently on offer.
- We are serving new customers as well as the returning regulars.
- To cope with the demands of increasingly busy days in the Coffee Shop, we do need more Volunteers to serve the customers. This will enable us to continue to offer a high standard of service.
- We hope that anyone interested will consider taking up this worthwhile role. If you are interested or wish to know more, please contact Jonathan Fail
- PLEASE – Next week watch out for wet paint !
- Decorating of parts of the church will begin next week (wb 21 June).
- The areas affected will be the Sanctuary, Chapel, foyer, back and main corridors and toilets.
- There will also be some decorating at the rear of church.
- It would be helpful if no one went into the Sanctuary and Chapel while those areas are being decorated.
- So please take care generally of ‘wet paint’.
- Additionally it is planned is to resurface the drive in the first week of July.
If you have anything you wish to be included in future Newsletters please let Ron Rhodes know